This is not a simulation!
LevelUp Build is much more valuable than any certificate or badge, it is a unique experience! Other courses might teach you how to code, analyse requirements or make pretty pictures but LevelUp Build is where it all comes together!
In this seven week programme you will be paired up with other people new to the industry and put into teams to develop a product. You will be given a brief, and mentored throughout the six weeks by ThoughtWorks employees.
Anyone can read the Agile Manifesto but this is where you get to live it!
What will we DO?
- Learn agile principles and practices for software delivery
- Collaborate with your product owner to turn their often strange and vague ideas into working software
- Work as part of a diverse and cross-functional team
- Experience the challenges of working in the software industry
- Receive teaching and coaching from a dedicated team who live and breathe software development
- User story writing
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Test driven development
- Pair programming
- User testing
What's the time commitment?
LevelUp Build events vary from one to the next and location to location so check the specifics when you register. A typical LevelUp Build programme consists of 8 sessions over 7 weeks.
- Session 1: Kick-off on Saturday (~9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Session 6-7: A 3 hour evening session (1 per week, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Session 8: Wrap-up, showcase and celebration on Saturday following
Don't panic, all sessions are catered!
What's on you
- Turning up each week and on time; your teammates are relying on you!
- Get your hands dirty; the more you put in the more you will get out.
- Work the network, communication is key.
- Build on the ideas of others; it’s not a competition.
What's on us
- Providing a safe and safe to fail environment.
- Teaching and coaching.
- Effective feedback to help you and your team grow.